L&S C30T Drugs and the Brain
L&S C140V The History and Practice of Human Rights
Discovery Courses News
- Q&A with Berkeley astrophysicist Alex Filippenko, who teaches L&S Discovery Course "Intro to General Astronomy."
- L&S Discovery Course Professor Robert Reich sang about inequality in The Simpsons's season 33 finale with Hugh Jackman.
- L&S Discovery Courses Can Change Your Life. It wasn’t until her third year at Berkeley that computer science major Elicia Ye learned about the University’s fascinating Discovery Courses.
- L&S Discovery Course Professor Robert Full wins $1 million for the work he and his students are doing in his Discovery Course.
- Discovery Course professor Robert Full was inducted into the Academy of Arts and Sciences, in a new category: Emerging Fields (the topic of his course).
- Discovery Course Professor Ron Amundson discovers that rocks also have "tree rings."
Search through the vast archive of past Discovery Courses to see what classes have been offered and which instructors have taught our program.Learn More
Check out past news articles about Discovery Course faculty and courses here.Learn More
Give To Discovery Courses
Donate to Discovery Courses through the Give to Berkeley Website.Give Now
I love the Discovery Courses-this is my 3rd! I feel it contributed greatly to my understanding of the world and to my education
This Discovery Course inspired me to take classes in the future that I had not planned to take
Very enriching--I would not take a course like this if I were only sticking to major requirements
I think this class exemplifies the tremendous opportunities to expand one's academic horizon through some of these breadth courses, that most people would otherwise not have considered taking
This course was my best this semester because it taught me how to simply live in and understand the world. Great!
It allowed me to take a class mostly because I'm interested in it, not because it was for a major or any other reason
As always, Discovery Courses make me think about an entirely different field and issues that I've never been exposed to