Discovery Course Video
Learn about the L&S Discovery Courses from the faculty themselves!
Discovery Course Professor Ron Amundson discovers that rocks also have "tree rings."
Student in Discovery Course invents ChronoZoom, now a finalist for SXSW award
Saul Perlmutter (in a tux!) receives his Nobel prize in Stockholm.
Discovery Course professor Saul Perlmutter wins Nobel Prize in Physics
On April 7 Discovery Course Professor Saul Perlmutter will give the Faculty Research Lecture:
Discovery Course faculty members engage in the ambitious "Berkeley Earth" project:
Discovery Course professor Saul Perlmutter shares Einstein Medal:
Discovery Course professor Claire Kramsch wins a prize for her book The Multilingual Subject:
Past Discovery Course news items - Click Here
- "I love the Discovery Courses-this is my 3rd! I feel it contributed greatly to my understanding of the world and to my education."
- "This Discovery Course inspired me to take classes in the future that I had not planned to take."
- "Very enriching--I would not take a course like this if I were only sticking to major requirements."
- "I think this class exemplifies the tremendous opportunities to expand one's academic horizon through some of these breadth courses, that most people would otherwise not have considered taking."
- "This course was my best this semester because it taught me how to simply live in and understand the world. Great!"
- "It allowed me to take a class mostly because I'm interested in it, not because it was for a major or any other reason."
- "As always, Discovery Courses make me think about an entirely different field and issues that I've never been exposed to."
The Letters & Science Discovery Courses are made possible by the generous support of the Barbara Joan Gummerson Fund, the Cynthia C. Railton Fund for the Liberal Arts, and the L&S Leadership Fund.